Although many Insurance companies will offer to insure your property whilst empty you will find this is mainly on a restricted cover basis. If you feel that you need more protection for your home than fire, lightning, earthquake and explosion please contact us.
Please see below for the key features of our unoccupied residential property insurance:
- Cover includes storm, theft, malicious persons or vandals, escape of water, fire, impact, lightning, earthquake and more
- Standard excess of £250 for all claims, increased to £1,000 for subsidence, heave or landslip, when this cover is available
- £5 million Public Liability cover included as part of the buildings insurance
- Pro-rata refund if the policy is cancelled, less the original £25 admin fee which is retained by the insurer
- Cover for accidental damage to underground pipes and cables
- Trace and access cover up to £5,000
- Cover for all types of properties considered, including flats and maisonettes
Even if your property is not being lived in, you will still need to arrange buildings insurance to cover the structure of the property in the event of loss or damage; this could also be a requirement of your mortgage agreement if the property is a new purchase.
Unoccupied residential properties come in many shapes and sizes and no two sets of circumstances are the same. Maybe you have just purchased a house and intend to do some light refurbishment to get it ready for tenants, or you have inherited a property and it is on the market to be sold. So long as the house is in a good state of repair we should be able to help. However, please note that if you are planning to carry out structural alterations, for example building an extension, we would be unable to help until such work had been completed.
All of our quotes are done to meet your individual requirements so you only pay for the cover you need, this means that we will need the rebuild cost of the property you would like to insure.
request a quote
If you are interested and would like us to provide you with a no obligation quote, or would like some more information, then you can contact us using the form below or in the following ways:
Your details will only be used by us to return your enquiry. They will never be passed on to a third party.
freephone from a landline:
Open Monday-Friday (9am-5pm)
if you are on a mobile call our direct landline:
email us directly at: