If you have one of these in your garden, or hidden away in the countryside, no matter whether it is used exclusively by you, your friends and family, or let to the general public, you will require specialist insurance to cover this unique asset.
Please see below for the key features of our shepherd hut insurance:
- All different types of construction and usage considered
- Standard low excess of £100 for any claim, increased to £1,000 for subsidence, heave or landslip
- Liability cover as owner of the hut up to £5 million
- Accidental damage cover automatically included for the buildings insurance
- Contents cover available
- Cover for loss of rent up to 20% of the buildings sum insured if the hut is let as a holiday home and becomes uninhabitable following a valid claim
We appreciate that although they can be small, they are perfectly formed and should be fully insured against loss or damage in the same way as a brick built home. You will see that we already offer policies catering for most types of Holiday Homes and feel that shepherd huts are another area in which we can offer a comprehensive policy at an affordable cost.
As our quotes are tailored to suit your needs and are calculated taking your individual circumstances into account, for instance the amount of cover required, the location of the hut and what it is used for, please contact us directly and we will be happy to discuss your circumstances and find a policy which will meet your requirements.
request a quote
If you are interested and would like us to provide you with a no obligation quote, or would like some more information, then you can contact us using the form below or in the following ways:
Your details will only be used by us to return your enquiry. They will never be passed on to a third party.
freephone from a landline:
Open Monday-Friday (9am-5pm)
if you are on a mobile call our direct landline:
email us directly at: